CRM Won't Authenticate After Redeploy and Reinstsallation

Sep 21, 2007 at 6:34 AM
Using the latest CRM 3.0 VPC Demo image, I need to create a demo environment that includes the new active directory users, application customizations and workflow XML for the Municiple Vertical Template.

I took the following steps to do this:

1. Created New Databases
2. Restored the Municiple Databases (CRM and METADATABASE)
3. Uninstalled MSCRM
2. Rebooted
3. Created the new set of AD Users
4. Ran the Redeployment Wizard and manually mapped the users to the original set of users in the VPC environment
5. Reinstalled MSCRM by pointing to existing databases and accepting default webpage (did not create new website) – received no errors
6. Rebooted
7. Installed Update Rollup 2
8. Edited the web.config file and set it the “ISVIntegration” key to “All”

At this point I was ready to import the customization XML file. When launching CRM, logged in as various users, I receive an authentication error if I log in as CRMADMIN (which actually isn't listed as one of the Users in the documentation provided). So I tried logging in as one of the other users (e.g. csr_fd : CSR Front Desk) but it then tells me that internet explorer can't display the web page:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.
Retype the address.
Go back to the previous page.

I tried running a repair and I receive no errors. I tried running a diagnostic and everything checks out. I have looked through the services and it appears all of them are running that should be.

When I look at the deployment wizard, I can see the users added when I redeployed and mapped them as well as the license key I added (same key as the original image).

I am hoping that I am missing something obvious and this can be easily resolved. I would appreciate any help that any of you may be able to provide.

Thanks in advance,

Cally Bauman